Video Resources for Home Food Businesses
Home Food Business Tips & Guidance
Home Food Business Requirements – COVID 19
Managing Food Allergies for a Home Food Business
Home Food Business Requirements – Temperature Control
Food Safe’s Food Safety Certificate Training (also called Food Hygiene Training NZ or Food Handling Course by other names) covers the following areas:
- Food Safety breakdowns
- Find out answers to questions such as: Can I cook food from home for sale? What does a verifier look for when auditing me? What does jargon such as a “Level 2 National Programme FCP” mean?
- Effective personal hygiene when working with food validation of handwashing technique at training (UV light verification test)
- Viruses, pathogens, and bacteria including Covid 19
- You will understand the science of allergic reactions and immune response and food intolerance
- Primary allergen groups (applicable worldwide) and practice allergen identification exercises from your menu
- Effective allergen management tools in a food business such as labelling and cleaning
- Key HACCP training NZ temperatures + global standards including both Celsius (°C) to Fahrenheit (°F) and recording temperature of high-risk food. This training has been used by our trainees around the world.
- Knowledge of hazards that cause foodborne illness and food spoilage in a food business including pathogenic bacteria, mould, and viruses
- Knowledge of methods used to control hazards that cause foodborne illness and food spoilage in a food business
- Identifying common examples of food safety risks
- Pest control and how to control pests
- Criteria for verifier inspections and audit checklists
- Overview of legislation including the Food Standards Code 2002, Food Act 2014, Food Regulations and how the law applies to food businesses
- Key elements of a Food Control Plan (FCP) + 3 Step Corrective Action (Codex Alimentarius)
- Practice filling out key food safety records – Food Control Plan Diary
- Verification and how to achieve a Council Audit A Grade
- Extra research and microbiology information based on our MOC with AUT University – School of Applied Sciences.
- Introduction to HACCP
Food Safety Tips for anyone looking to start a home food business
For in-depth knowledge on what is required to start a home food business, Food Safe runs regular food safety training courses for people looking to start a home food business, running cafes and restaurants, working in hospitality, or looking for a job.
11 Steps Needed To Start Your Business Successfully – by Antoine Dupont
Free Business Plan Template