About the Course
This Basic Food Safety Certificate Training Course is:
- Ideal for New & Current Home-Food businesses, Early Child Care Cooks, Charities, Healthcare, Community & Charity Groups, Aged Care, Hospitals, Cafes, Restaurants, Supermarkets, Job-seekers, and Food Companies
- Approved by all Councils and Verifiers
- Delivered by an NZQA-Registered PTE with New Zealand Government Accreditation
Our Basic Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate Course includes a Basic Introduction to HACCP as bonus content and is known by many other names, such as Food Handling Certificate, Food Hygiene Certificate, Food Handlers Certificate, Food Certificate NZ, Food Hygiene Certificate NZ, and Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate.
- Course Duration: 5 hours
- Delivery: LIVE Online Video Conference Training and Onsite Training Options available
- Gain: Recognised Achievement Certificate after successful completion of the assessment
Our training is customised for people and both small and large companies who require training as part of the Food Act 2014, Food Regulations 2015, and local council Bylaws around New Zealand and globally who aim to operate to best practice.
Basic Food Safety Certificate
Training Course Content
- Food Safety breakdowns and why training is an investment.
- Find out answers to questions such as: Can I cook food from home for sale? What does a verifier look for when auditing me? What does jargon such as a “Level 2 National Programme FCP” mean?
- Effective personal hygiene when working with food validation of hand washing technique at training (UV light verification test).
- You will understand the science of allergic reactions and immune response and food intolerance.
- Primary allergen groups (applicable worldwide) and practice allergen identification exercises from your menu.
- Effective allergen management tools in a food business such as labelling and cleaning.
- Key HACCP training NZ temperatures + global standards including both Celsius (°C) to Fahrenheit (°F) and recording temperature of high-risk food. This training has been used by our trainees around the world.
- Knowledge of hazards that cause foodborne illness and food spoilage in a food business including pathogenic bacteria, mould, and viruses
- Knowledge of methods used to control hazards that cause foodborne illness and food spoilage in a food business.
- Identifying common examples of food safety risks
- Pest control and how to control pests
- Criteria for verifier inspections and audit checklists
- Overview of legislation including the Food Standards Code 2002, Food Act 2014, Food Regulations and how the law applies to food businesses
- Key elements of a Food Control Plan – FCP + 3 Step Corrective Action – Codex Alimentarius
- Practice filling out key food safety records – Food Control Plan Diary
- Verification and how to achieve a Council Audit A Grades
- Extra research and microbiology information based on our MOC with AUT University – School of Applied Sciences.
Why Choose us for your Food Safety Certificate Training?
- We have collaborated and delivered training for a number of performance-fuelled organizations and global brands.
- The information we provide you on food safety is the very latest.
- Learn in an engaging and interactive environment
- We use slides, pictures, and a show-me-how approach to our training which suits all learner types
- Food Safe Trainers are industry experts with Lead Audit ISO 22000 qualifications and have extensive practical experience in high-compliance food manufacture, which we bring to the classroom.
HOW IT WORKS
Yes. At the conclusion of your training, your trainer will give you an assessment to complete. There is no typing or writing for you to do. Only yes/no, tick box type of answers. You have to achieve 70% to pass your assessment.
As long as you are attentive in class and are taking notes along the way, which you can refer to at the end, the assessment is not hard. It is an open-book assessment.
You will receive your Food Safety Certificate on the day of your training after the successful completion of your assessment.
Your trainer will ask you to take the assessment again. You can take the assessment as many times as you like. You will not be charged anything additional for taking the assessment again.
There is no homework to do. Your trainer will coach you about everything in class.
Our trainees have applied for roles in Cafes, Supermarkets, Childcare centres, Hospitals, Food Companies, Community Centres, Maraes, School Cafetarias, and Aged Care facilities. A number of our trainees have also set up successful home food businesses.