Heat Treatment Training Course for Heat Treatment and Pasteurization Operators and Supervisors across All Food Sectors.
Course Cost: POA
Heat Treatment Training Course
Heat Treatment Training Course is designed for Heat Treatment and Pasteurization process operators and supervisors across all food sectors to regulatory (MPI – Code of Practice, FDA, CFDA, EU) and certification standards (GFSI, BRCGS, SQF, WSE, FSSC); and includes Unit Standard 4829 option for New Zealand dairy operators.
- Course Duration: 8 hours
- Pre-requisites: None
- Gain Recognised Certificate of Achievement: Approved by all Verifiers and Auditors
- Includes: Course Material and Resources
- Training Delivery Options: LIVE Online Video Conferencing and On-site options available
Heat Treatment and Pasteurization Training Course Content
- Case study reviews of recent food safety break-downs and learning
- Brief review of Global Standards and RMP Requirements in New Zealand requirements
- Heat Treatment Code of Practice
- The HACCP principle of Verification in relation to Pasteurization and Heat Treatment as a CCP
- On course completion, operators are able to:
- Understand the history and process of pasteurization
- Explain heat transfer, heat treatment and pasteurization in specific food sectors e.g. dairy, juice, beer, liquid egg processing etc.
- Explain principles of heat transfer and energy recovery within a heat exchanger or pasteurizer
- Explain heat transfer systems and heat exchange media used in the food industry
- Explain heat treatment of product in the context of operators’ own process
- Explain the operation of a high-temperature short-time HTST, low-temperature long-time LTLT and UHT pasteurisation systems
Heat Treatment: Types of Heat Exchangers
Heat Treatment Code of Practice – COP
Dairy Operators: Unit Standard 4829 – Describe heat transfer and heat treatment in a dairy processing operation
Pasteurisation – Dairy Science Research
Guidance – Heat Treatment, Canning (Commercial Sterilisation), Drying, Acidification and High-Pressure Processing
Juice Pasteurization Overview
Beer & Beverage Tunnel Pasteurization Overview
Liquid Egg Pasteurization and Process Overview
Why Choose us for your Heat Treatment Training?
- Complements certification (GFSI, WSE, FSSC, BRC, SQF) and compliance (MPI, FDA, CFDA, EU) requirements
- Is simplified and visual, and supportive of implementing learning back on-job
- Is delivered by a trained ISO 9001 & 22000 lead auditor
- It is delivered by a trainer with first-hand knowledge and experience in high compliance operations where Food Safe operates, such as the dairy, meat, and seafood sector. This allows us to transfer best practices.