Our Food Safety Certificate NZ Training is identical to our Basic Food Safety and Hygiene Training Certificate, just known by a different name.
Course Cost: $195 +GST
About our Food Safety Certificate NZ Course
Food Safety Certificate NZ: Expert-Led Coaching
- LIVE Online Video Conference Training
- On-Site Training [available at locations across New Zealand]
Our Food Safety Certificate NZ Course is identical to our Basic Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate Training, just known by a different name.
Food Safety Certificate NZ Training Course Content
- Answers to your questions such as: Do I need a food safety certificate? What is required by law and what is best practice? Does the Food Act 2014 allow me to cook food from home for sale?
- We explain why hygiene matters when it comes to food and how you can check this is effective with an ultraviolet light test of trainees.
- We explain what a food allergy is and how this is different from a food intolerance so you can best serve your customer’s needs.
- We explain the key allergens under the NZ Food Standards Code 2002 and practically apply our learning to a menu item, including the legality of making an allergen-free claim on your food label or menu.
- We explain how you can control cross-contamination from allergens and other food hazards with practical solutions.
- We explain what the HACCP NZ and Codex Alimentarius critical control point temperatures are for both hot and cold perishable food and how to document all your temperature checks.
- You will learn about food safety hazards such as foreign matter, chemicals, and microbiology that cause foodborne illness and which spoil food.
- We show you in pictures, common examples of food safety risks from actual audits to learn from.
- You will learn about pest control, why this matters, and how to document your checks.
- We teach you about a verifier audit or council inspections and how to prepare so you can score well in a verification check, for your food business, or for your home kitchen.
- We explain the Food Standards Code 2002, Food Act 2014, Food Regulations 2015 in simple language you can understand and how the law applies to you.
- You will learn about Food Control Plans (FCP) and why they are important.
- Corrective Action (CA) + Preventative Action (prevention of recurrence)
- You will learn about Operator Verification (Who checks what? Why you check, How you check food safety and when?) Including records that the Ministry for Primary Industry – MPI insists on!
- You get to see examples of what food safety records look like, filled out by MPI – Food Control Plan Diary
- We explain how you can achieve an A Grade at your local council visit and how you can pre-check the list of things the inspectors look for, yourself on your mobile! Yes, we provide you with useful self-help tools!
All basic courses are language-assisted with course notes and slides in Mandarin 普通话, Hindi हिंदी, Japanese 日本人, Korean 한국의, Thai ภาษาไทย, and Vietnamese Việt.
We also deliver this specific training programme, on request, for groups of as few as 4 people at your site across New Zealand.