Basic Food Safety and Hygiene Training Certificate
The Basic Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate course is for people in food businesses who require training as part of local council regulations. Food Safe Ltd is registered with Auckland City Council and complies with the Food Safety Bylaws.
Food Safe Trainers are industry experts with Lead Audit ISO 22000 qualifications and have extensive practical experience in high-compliance food manufacture, which they bring to the classroom.
This Food Safe Training includes:
- Effective personal hygiene when working with food validation of hand washing technique at training ( UV light verification test).
- Understanding the science of allergic reactions and food intolerance.
- Primary allergen groups and practice identification exercises.
- Effective allergen management tools in a food business.
- Key temperatures and recording temperature of high risk food.
- Knowledge of hazards that cause foodborne illness and food spoilage in a food business.
- Knowledge of methods used to control hazards that cause foodborne illness and food spoilage in a food business.
- Identifying common examples of food safety risks.
- Pest control
- Criteria for council inspections / food grades during an audit
- Overview of legislation including the Food Standards Code 2002 and Food Act 2014 and how the law applies to food businesses
- Key elements of a Food Control Plan (FCP)
- Practice filling out key food safety records - Food Control Plan Diary
All basic courses are language-assisted with course notes and slides in Mandarin 普通话, Hindi हिंदी, Japanese 日本人, Korean 한국의, Thai ภาษาไทย and Vietnamese Việt.
We also deliver this specific training programme on request for groups as few as 5 people at client site in Auckland.
Hear what our trainees say about our Food Safety Training Courses here.
Payment options: 1. Cash on day – Please bring exact amount. 2. Cheque on day – Payable to Food Safe Limited. Please do not post. 3. Internet Banking - KiwiBank: Food Safe Limited 38-9012-0669239-00
Food Safe Limited has been granted approval by NZQA under Section 251 of the Education Act 1989 to provide Food Safety Training and is a CATEGORY 1 training provider.
How does our training compare with other types?
*Click on zoom (top right) to focus