Food Safe Blog
At Food Safe, we are very passionate about all aspects of food safety training, risk management and internal auditing. Food Safe offers a range of services to businesses in the food and related products sector across New Zealand.
The Food Safe Blog attempts to offer tips and advice on Food Safety, Health and Safety, HACCP, Audit Training, Internal Auditing and Continuous Improvement. Please feel free to follow the Food Safe Blog and have the posts delivered directly to your inbox.
Food Safety Culture Measurement - How and Why it Minimises Contingency Liability Costs
What is Food Safety Culture?
In simple terms culture is about How, Why and When we practice Food safety.
Why focus on Food Safety Culture?
Several global food safety investigations and reports, that have followed food safety break-downs, such as the Listeria outbreak in USA that killed close to 33 people in 2011 to the E-coli 0104-04 outbreak that killed over 20 people in Germany have recommended that food companies consider tracking and improving Food Safety Culture in addition to other risk control measures.
Many of these, food safety incident and food recalls were preventable if Food Safety Culture was a meaningful focus of food companies and senior managers.
Interested in more detailed reports? Click here
So what is the challenge with food safety culture?
The challenge for management and food companies in addition to training and knowledge is finding an easy-to-use tool to effectively measure Food Safety Culture, so this can be tracked and acted upon.
So what influences Food Safety Culture and why measure it?
Here is a presentation about Food Safe's innovative analysis tool that helps explain what culture means and how a company can and should measure Food Safety Culture.
The front-end of Food Safe's mobile friendly analysis quiz:
Benefits of this analysis?
- Measure if the team's current skills are sufficient and training is working
- Proactively identify and manage food safety risk to company products and brand
- Minimise your current contingency liability (insurance) costs
- Base investment and resource allocation on objective evidence
- Ascertain quantifiable continuous improvement data - a compliance requirement
What makes this analysis unique?
- Customised and generated in real time
- Superior depth of understanding, focused on what matters to company management
- Ability to benchmark between departments and/or production sites, either nationally or globally
What makes the resulting solutions identified unique?
- Collaborative and thoughtful
- Targeted and simplified
- Executed to gap-closing competencies and learning standards that are quantifiable
Is it possible to estimate the cost of getting food safety wrong?