Health and Safety Training Certificate
Option 1: This includes Unit Standards 497 and 17593
Trainees credited with the Unit Standard 497 are able to:
- Identify and describe legislative rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety
- Describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety
- Explain how hazards are defined in the HSE Act
Trainees credited with the Unit Standard 19573 are able to:
- Identify the principles of workplace safety in a given workplace
- Demonstrate safe work practices in a specific workplace
The Health & Safety Certificate is suitable for
All people employed in the processing of food, beverage and related products and competitive manufacturing
Option 2: Training is customised to specific business needs and is aimed at supporting in-house health and safety policies, and managing compliance costs.
It can be delivered as unit standards.
The Food Safe Health & Safety Training programme is available on request for groups of 6 or more.